Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
EVO Payments in Germany is an exciting and growing payments company that is dedicated to providing innovative products, outstanding service and security to its customers. We specialise in electronic payments acquiring and merchants processing and ATM services. EVO trades on the NASDAQ stock exchange following an IPO in May 2018.
We are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. We can process in over 130 currencies in over 50 markets worldwide. On behalf of our customers, we process payments worth billions of dollars annually.
EVO plays an important role in the everyday life of millions of people. For our customers and their customers, we are the link between the parties involved in almost any type of payment transaction. We ensure that any payment is secure and properly applied and settled for each transaction. EVO offers end-to-end support from installing the point of sale device to enable secure electronic payments at a merchant, providing software solutions to enable e-commerce and then troubleshooting and resolving issues that may occur from time to time for our customers.
In conducting our business, EVO is committed to creating an exciting, diverse and collaborative work environment for our employees. We know our success is the direct result of the talent, dedication, and energy of all our employees. In order to achieve this success, we share a common set of values that guides our behaviour at work each day. These items are not simply words on a page. Rather, we should make sure we are demonstrating our values each day in our interactions with our colleagues, customers, and business partners
EVO in Germany is the exclusive partner for card acceptance solutions in Deutsche Bank's Global Transaction Banking division for Europe.
We are currently seeking a competent and experienced compliance professional to join our growing company, a multinational operation that is a licensed payment institution regulated by BaFin. The individual in this role would be responsible for legal support and assistance in relation to compliance and regulatory matters, policy drafting and review, regulatory change management and legal support for new product approval. The position will also involve assistance in the negotiation and completion of contractual matters, liaising on legal advices to enterprise wide projects and some representation of the company on matters relating to industry practice. Some familiarity with financial services business would be required, with experience in the payments industry an advantage for the successful candidate.
The position will report to the General Counsel for Europe and to the local management.
- Act as a regulatory point of contact inclusive of:
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements applicable to EVO's German business
- Ensure compliance of all EVO group companies which operate under the German Bafin li-cense with German regulatory requirements
- Ensure all regulatory reporting requirements are met and work with finance and IT to ensure the right statistics are created and reported correctly
- Ensure a risk framework is implemented and maintained which satisfies the regulatory re-quirements
- Ensure all relevant regulatory outsourcings are handled in a compliant way from a regulatory standpoint
- Observing and evaluating the national and international legal developments and jurisdictions relevant to the German business and to all EVO group companies which operate under the Bafin license, and assisting with implementation of operational processes of designed to address such changes
- Monitoring, controlling and evaluating compliance risks
- Compliance supervision of agents (in the sense of § 25 ZAG) in the Czech Republic, Poland as well as of the branches of the German GmbH in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Communication with the financial supervisory authorities (BaFin, Bundesbank) and liaise with group compliance to align with the communication to regulators in other countries
- Monitoring and further development of the compliance organization including internal control system, its documentation and reporting to the German management
- Accompaniment of internal and external examinations as well as carrying out own monitoring actio
- Review materials related to possible acquisitions with a view to compliance requirements
- Develop company policies and positions on compliance matters
Professional and personal requirements
- 2-3+ years post qualification experience as a lawyer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in German & English
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
- Experience working with U.S. business a plus
As the European subsidiary of the American group of companies EVO Payments International, EVO offers innovative, reliable and secure solutions for the acceptance of debit and credit cards as well as other payment methods (e.g. PayPal, paydirekt) in brick-and-mortar retail, E-commerce and mail order commerce, as well as at ATMs. Additional services round off the full-service package.
- Mission statement, vision and values
- EVO news
- Jobs & careers