Legal & Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
EVO Payments in Germany is an exciting and growing payments company that is dedicated to providing innovative products, outstanding service and security to its customers. We specialise in electronic payments acquiring and merchants processing and ATM services. EVO trades on the NASDAQ stock exchange following an IPO in May 2018.
We are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. We can process in over 130 currencies in over 50 markets worldwide. On behalf of our customers, we process payments worth billions of dollars annually.
EVO plays an important role in the everyday life of millions of people. For our customers and their customers, we are the link between the parties involved in almost any type of payment transaction. We ensure that any payment is secure and properly applied and settled for each transaction. EVO offers end-to-end support from installing the point of sale device to enable secure electronic payments at a merchant, providing software solutions to enable e-commerce and then troubleshooting and resolving issues that may occur from time to time for our customers.
In conducting our business, EVO is committed to creating an exciting, diverse and collaborative work environment for our employees. We know our success is the direct result of the talent, dedication, and energy of all our employees. In order to achieve this success, we share a common set of values that guides our behaviour at work each day. These items are not simply words on a page. Rather, we should make sure we are demonstrating our values each day in our interactions with our colleagues, customers, and business partners
EVO in Germany is the exclusive partner for card acceptance solutions in Deutsche Bank's Global Transaction Banking division for Europe.
We are currently seeking a competent and experienced lawyer to join our growing company, a multinational operation that is a licensed payment institution regulated by BaFin. The individual in this role would be responsible for legal support and assistance in relation to compliance and regulatory matters, policy drafting and review, regulatory change management and legal support for new product approval. The position will also involve assistance in the negotiation and completion of contractual matters, liaising on legal advices to enterprise wide projects and some representation of the company on matters relating to industry practice. Some familiarity with financial services business would be required, with experience in the payments industry an advantage for the successful candidate.
The position will report to the Senior Counsel for Germany.
- Act as a regulatory point of contact inclusive of:
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Observing and evaluating the national and international legal developments and jurisdictions relevant to the German business, and assisting with implementation of operational processes of designed to address such changes
- Monitoring, controlling and evaluating compliance risks
- Supervision and supervision of agents (i.S. § 25 ZAG) in the Czech Republic, Poland as well as the branches in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Communication with the supervisory authorities (BaFin, Bundesbank)
- Monitoring and further development of the compliance organization including internal control system, its documentation and reporting to the management
- Accompaniment of internal and external examinations as well as carrying out own monitoring actions
- Draft and administer contracts, negotiate commercial transactions
- Review materials related to possible acquisitions
- Assist in a variety of corporate legal processes including securities offerings, intellectual property, compliance issues, etc.
- Research and anticipate legal risks
- Develop company policies and positions on legal matters
Professional and personal requirements
- 2-3+ years post qualification experience as a lawyer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in German & English
- Skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Precise way of working
- Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
- Experience working with U.S. matrixed based business a plus
Als europäische Tochter der amerikanischen Unternehmensgruppe EVO Payments bietet EVO innovative, zuverlässige und sichere Lösungen für die Akzeptanz von Debit- und Kreditkarten sowie weiteren Zahlungsarten (z. B. PayPal, paydirekt) im stationären Handel, im E-Commerce und im Versandhandel sowie an Geldausgabeautomaten. Weitere Dienstleistungen vervollständigen das Full-Service-Angebot.
- Leitbild, Vision und Werte
- EVO News
Jobs & Karriere
- Senior Legal / Compliance Counsel (m/w/d)
- Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
- Senior Product Manager ATM (m/w/d)
- (Junior) Product Manager ATM (m/w/d)
- Product Manager E-Commerce (m/w/d)
- Implementation Manager (m/w/d)
- Client Service Manager (m/w/d)
- TeleSales Manager (m/w/d)
- Manager Partnerships (m/w/d)
- Studentischer Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) Human Resources