Senior Legal / Compliance Counsel (m/w/d)
Senior Legal / Compliance Counsel (m/w/d)
EVO Payments in Germany is an exciting and growing payments company that is dedicated to providing innovative products, outstanding service and security to its customers. We specialise in electronic payments acquiring and merchants processing and ATM services. EVO trades on the NASDAQ stock exchange following an IPO in May 2018.
We are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. We can process in over 130 currencies in over 50 markets worldwide. On behalf of our customers, we process payments worth billions of dollars annually.
EVO plays an important role in the everyday life of millions of people. For our customers and their customers, we are the link between the parties involved in almost any type of payment transaction. We ensure that any payment is secure and properly applied and settled for each transaction. EVO offers end-to-end support from installing the point of sale device to enable secure electronic payments at a merchant, providing software solutions to enable e-commerce and then troubleshooting and resolving issues that may occur from time to time for our customers.
In conducting our business, EVO is committed to creating an exciting, diverse and collaborative work environment for our employees. We know our success is the direct result of the talent, dedication, and energy of all our employees. In order to achieve this success, we share a common set of values that guides our behaviour at work each day. These items are not simply words on a page. Rather, we should make sure we are demonstrating our values each day in our interactions with our colleagues, customers, and business partners.
EVO in Germany is the exclusive partner for card acceptance solutions in Deutsche Bank's Global Transaction Banking division for Europe.
We are currently seeking an experienced lawyer to join EVO in Germany. The individual in this role would be responsible for the negotiation and completion of contractual matters, drafting and implementing legal policies throughout a global matrixed organisation and legal support and assistance in relation to compliance and regulatory for a multinational operation.
Some familiarity with financial services business would be necessary, experience in the payments industry an advantage for the successful candidate. EVO in Germany is regulated as a payment institution by BaFin therefore experience in having worked with financial regulators as part of previous roles would be preferable.
The position reports to the General Counsel for Europe and will have 1 direct report locally in Germany and form part of the larger Europe and global legal and compliance organisation.
- Act as a regulatory point of contact inclusive of:
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Observing and evaluating the national and international legal developments and jurisdictions relevant to the German business, and assisting with implementation of operational processes of designed to address such changes
- Monitoring, controlling and evaluating compliance risks
- Supervision and supervision of agents (i.S. § 25 ZAG) in the Czech Republic, Poland as well as the branches in Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Communication with the supervisory authorities (BaFin, Bundesbank)
- Monitoring and further development of the compliance organization including internal control system, its documentation and reporting to the management
- Accompaniment of internal and external examinations as well as carrying out own monitoring actions
- Draft and administer contracts, negotiate commercial transactions
- Review materials related to possible acquisitions
- Assist in a variety of corporate legal processes including securities offerings, intellectual property, compliance issues, etc.
- Research and anticipate legal risks
- Develop company policies and positions on legal matters
Your professional and personal requirements
- 5+ years post qualification experience as a lawyer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in German & English
- Skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Experience working internationally, particularly with a U.S. based organization
- Precise way of working
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
Als europäische Tochter der amerikanischen Unternehmensgruppe EVO Payments bietet EVO innovative, zuverlässige und sichere Lösungen für die Akzeptanz von Debit- und Kreditkarten sowie weiteren Zahlungsarten (z. B. PayPal, paydirekt) im stationären Handel, im E-Commerce und im Versandhandel sowie an Geldausgabeautomaten. Weitere Dienstleistungen vervollständigen das Full-Service-Angebot.
- Leitbild, Vision und Werte
- EVO News
Jobs & Karriere
- Senior Legal / Compliance Counsel (m/w/d)
- Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer (m/w/d)
- Product Manager E-Commerce (m/w/d)
- Implementation Manager (m/w/d)
- Client Service Manager (m/w/d)
- KYC Officer und (Junior-) Projektmanager (m/w/d)
- Studentischer Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) Client Service
- TeleSales Manager (m/w/d)
- Sales Manager (m/w/d)
- Operational Risk Manager (m/w/d)
- Studentischer Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) Human Resources