Become part of a dynamic and globally growing company as:
Senior Operational Risk & Controls Manager (m/w/d)
EVO Payments in Germany is an exciting and growing payments company that is dedicated to providing innovative products, outstanding service and security to its customers. We specialize in electronic payments acquiring and merchants processing and ATM services. EVO trades on the NASDAQ stock exchange following an IPO in May 2018.
We are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. We can process in over 130 currencies in over 50 markets worldwide. On behalf of our customers, we process payments worth billions of dollars annually.
EVO plays an important role in the everyday life of millions of people. For our customers and their customers, we are the link between the parties involved in almost any type of payment transaction. We ensure that any payment is secure and properly applied and settled for each transaction. EVO offers end-to-end support from installing the point of sale device to enable secure electronic payments at a merchant, providing software solutions to enable e-commerce and then troubleshooting and resolving issues that may occur from time to time for our customers.
In conducting our business, EVO is committed to creating an exciting, diverse and collaborative work environment for our employees. We know our success is the direct result of the talent, dedication, and energy of all our employees. In order to achieve this success, we share a common set of values that guides our
behavior at work each day. These items are not simply words on a page. Rather, we should make sure we are demonstrating our values each day in our interactions with our colleagues, customers, and business partners.
EVO in Germany is the exclusive partner for card acceptance solutions in Deutsche Bank's Global Transaction Banking division for Europe.
In order to continue to build on the risk control culture there is a need to hire a new role in Germany to support the management board in all risk policy issues, in deciding and implementing the risk strategy and evolving the risk limitation system.
- Support the management board in developing and improving the risk management and risk control processes (e.g. risk inventory, risk monitoring, etc.)
- Develop and improve a system of risk ratios and a procedure for the early detection of risks
- Facilitate annual risk assessment for GmbH and oversight on European EVO locatioins to support the global enterprise wide risk assessment
- Monitor the Company’s risk situation and internal capital adequacy as well as compliance with the risk limits in place on an ongoing basis
- Maintain and implement the Operational Risk policies and processes and provide guidance/advice (to management and functional departments) where necessary.
- Carry out periodic reviews to measure the effectiveness of the Operational Risk Framework (present risk reports to the management board)
- Maintain the company’s loss database in accordance with the requirements of the ZAG regulations
- Assist to ensure regulatory requirements are met specifically SOX, PSD2, GDPR, payment scheme regulations
- Aggregate and analyze all relevant risk data
- Work with Risk Owners to perform root cause analysis on identified risks to recommend improvements and prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future
- Support co-ordination of Business–Continuity-Management (BCM) plans
- Follow up on open internal and external audit findings, providing coordination to ensure findings are remediated
- Monitor the implementation of a solid control environment
- Perform management testing on control framework
- Serve at the point of contact for the company’s internal and external auditors as well as regulators on all operational risk matters
- Act as a central point for outsourcing management providing guidance, support and subject matter knowledge to outsourcing managers covering the following
- Implementation and documentation of outsourcing management including control and monitoring processes
- Support of business divisions regarding outsourcing management (i.e. regulatory requirements for service agreements, reporting, outsourcing process etc.)
Your professional and personal requirements
- Familiarity with financial services business would be necessary, experience in the payments industry an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, management, or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the risk management field
- Keen eye for details and exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and critical thinking skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- German speaker with good command of the English language
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
We promote equal opportunities and diversity within the workforce!
We look forward to receiving your detailed application documents by email, stating your earliest possible starting date, your salary expectations and the reference code 1019.
Als europäische Tochter der amerikanischen Unternehmensgruppe EVO Payments bietet EVO innovative, zuverlässige und sichere Lösungen für die Akzeptanz von Debit- und Kreditkarten sowie weiteren Zahlungsarten (z. B. PayPal, paydirekt) im stationären Handel, im E-Commerce und im Versandhandel sowie an Geldausgabeautomaten. Weitere Dienstleistungen vervollständigen das Full-Service-Angebot.
- Leitbild, Vision und Werte
- EVO News
- EVO Magazin
- Jobs & Karriere